Monday, March 4, 2019

The Release

The Release is the third and final book in The Prey trilogy. Without a doubt Tom Isbell is one of the most consistent writers I have read. He keeps the tone and pacing the same throughout the trilogy.

Even though the story is split between Hope and Book I still feel like Book was more of the main character. I had hoped for more growth for Book he remained the same in a lot of ways, he continued to trust people no matter what and always seemed to come up with last minute plans that miraculously saved everyone. I wanted Book to fail and learn from his failure but that never seemed to happen on a large scale. Also the love triangle aspect had too easy of an ending.

Hope never really opened up, she could never come to terms with the death of Faith or her mother. She seemed to accept the death of her father a little better but maybe that was due to him dying from natural causes. Overall I was more disappointed in Hope's development then Books.

Since the writing was so consistent I never really felt like I went from one book to another, it just seemed one big book I was reading. I adore that about Tom Isbell since that is not easy to do. Not sure I would read more of Tom Isbell's work since I was not a huge fan of how the series ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment