Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Islands at the End of the World

One morning when I was in a hurry to get to work I randomly pulled a book off my shelf and got The Islands at the End of the World. I have no idea where it came from. Even though I enjoyed the story it is a very odd story.

Leilani is plagued with seizures due to epilepsy. Wanting to live a normal life Lei agrees to be part of a test group with a new drug to help treat epilepsy. Traveling with her father to a smaller Hawaiian Island she beings the test on the new drug. However things start to go wrong quickly with no power on the island and many mechanical devices fried the medical center has no way to continue the tests and thus tells Lei and her father they are free to return home.

The writing was average and I did not see much along the way of character building. I did get tired of reading constantly about Lei talking about her epilepsy pills and the seizures. It was about the seventy percent mark in the story that things started to get really odd for me. Even though their is a second book I am not sure I will read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment