Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Wishing Spell

I really wanted to like The Wishing Spell since friends have told me they enjoyed it. I think if I had not read The 10th Kingdom I would have enjoyed it more.

Twins Alex and Conner are missing their deceased father terribly. Lost in their grief each one copes in a different way. Conner seems to shut himself off from everything including school and Alex likes to get lost in her world of fairy-tales. All this is well and good until one day a book of fairy-tales from her grandma starts acting odd and Alex and Conner accidentally fall inside the book.

My biggest complaint with The Land of Stories is that things came far too easily for Alex and Conner. They never really got into any bad situation and things were pretty much just handed to them all the time. I wanted to see the twins grow in some way, make big mistakes and learn from them. Maybe later on in the series that will happen. I am not sure I want to take the time to read more of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment