Friday, February 22, 2019

Legendary

I have eagerly awaited Legendary since finishing the last page of Caraval. I wasted no time in per-ordering it (something I never do) and quickly forgot the day it was released since my husband had surgery that day. It was when flipping through my Nook library that I saw it and suddenly recalled it had been released.

I was afraid Tella would be a lot like Scarlette but both sisters are very different with clear personalities, faults, quirks, and ideas about life. Tella is extremely well written with such life in her that I could feel like she is a friend I would go visit any time I could. Clearly torn on which paths are the correct paths Tella walks a dangerous line as she tip toes around until plunging fully into her choices. Even when her choices are not the best Tella still moves forward and keeps doing her best to correct the mistakes she makes.

The writing was a lot slower then Caraval and way less magical. I did like the game in Caraval better, Legendary felt more like a love story then anything else. With some twists and turns the story did drag on a bit too much in places and I wanted more action. I do hope that Finale will showcase both Scar and Tella equally while bringing the story whole circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment