Friday, February 15, 2019

The Watchmaker's Daughter

The Watchemaker's Daughter was never a book on my radar. While ill with the flu and stuck in my husbands truck I picked up his tablet and browsed his books, The Watchmaker's Daughter looked like the only one I would read out of what he had downloaded.

India is in a predicament, with her father deceased and her fiance calling off the engagement she has no where to go and no money to her name. Scammed out of her family's shop she is desperate and determined to do what she can to support herself. It is her determination that leads her to meeting Mr. Glass a mysterious American who is desperately searching for an elderly clock maker to repair his pocket-watch. Caught up in the mystery India faces mystery everywhere she looks and grows into her own as she beings to learn how to survive in the world without a man to protect her.

The writing was alright, not some of the best I have read but it was clear and concise. I did enjoy the characters and their quirks. I do hope for some perspective from Mr. Glass at some point in the series. While I do plan on continuing on with the series it is not a high priority at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment