Monday, November 5, 2018

The Murder Pit

The Murder Pit is the first book in A Moose Mystery Murder series. I was in the mood for something that felt a bit like Halloween for me and this fit the theme I was looking for plus it was free on my Nook.

Daisy is excited to find a great historical fixer upper house, at least until her and her family move in and start to learn the true extent of the problems in the house. While defrosting some pipes Daisy notices a small door and opens it finding a coal chute that she did not know about when buying the house along with a dead body inside. Things get even more complicated when it turns out Daisy went on a date with the deceased a couple years ago. With suspicion pointed at her Daisy is determined to solve the crime.

My major problem with the story is that Daisy elected to home school her children (which is fine) but I never saw any actual learning going on. Everything seemed to mock the home schooling program and I cringed when Daisy made outlandish connections with homeschooling on how every day activities, like playing in the snow, were preparing her kids for life. I would not say no to reading another book in the series since I enjoyed the overall story of The Murder Pit but it is not something I am in a hurry to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment