Friday, November 23, 2018

Grip of the Shadow Plague

Grip of the Shadow Plague is the third book in the Fablehaven series. So far it was my least favorite of the three books.

I am excited to see that Seth has grown and learned a lot since his encounter with the faeries. Learning precautions and boundaries Seth is slowly becoming a man while still finding his share of mishaps. Wanting to help in any way he can Seth is determined to find his own special gifts that will allow him to advance his understanding of magical creatures.

Kendra is not nearly as developed as Seth, I see her constantly going in a circle with who she is. The same things keep happening to her with the same outcome it feels like. I want to see her break out of her cycle of constantly begging others for help and stepping up to help herself.

The story just seemed slower to me in Grip of the Shadow Plague. No real answers were given to problems and while new problems arose they were not as interesting to me. I do plan on continuing the series but first I have some other books I have to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment