Saturday, November 17, 2018

The Program

The cover of The Program has intrigued me for awhile and when I saw the library had a copy available I checked it out.

Sloane is terrified of the Program, along with the rest of the teenage population. Going throughout her day doing her best to mask the feelings of sadness and hopelessness Sloane fears that one little slip up will get her sent to the Program. She cannot trust her teachers, her classmates, even her parents, they are always watching waiting for the shell to crack. The only person Sloane can trust is James her long time boyfriend. With his strength to lean on she is able to keeping holding on day after day growing weaker with each even in her life.

I have mixed feelings about The Program, it defiantly left me with lots of questions and no clear answer as to why teens are killing themselves at such a high rate. Since everything is told from Sloane's point of view I was never really able to get a good understanding of the other characters or how they felt about the Program besides fear. I do plan on reading The Treatment once it becomes available at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment