Friday, June 2, 2017

The Dark Days Pact

The Dark Days Pact is the second book in the Lady Helen Series and I was so excited to enjoy every page of the story. I cannot wait for the third book to be released.

Helen has come a long way, having pressed the temper of her uncle too far she is now living in the house of an aide of a dark days club member along with her ever faithful maid Darby. Unsure of her situation Helen does he best to learn to accept her reclaimer powers and embrace her destiny of being the ultimate reclaimer.

While everything is told from Helen's point of view I feel like I have a strong bond with all the numerous side characters. They are well thought out, full of flaws, inner struggles, and feelings. Beautiful writing that makes me feel like I am sitting in the room watching the events unfold. The entire time I was kept guessing on what was occurring, who I could trust, and the overall decision of the dark days club to let Helen fight. After some thinking I do have my own ideas of what is going to happen and I eagerly await release of then next book, 2018 feels like it will take forever to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment