Sunday, January 7, 2024

The Final Gambit


The Final Gambit is the third book in The Inheritance Series. I thought this was a trilogy when I started it but I was wrong.


Avery seems to have learned a lot about how to deal with puzzles left in the Hawthorne house, will, and her life overall. The biggest puzzle left for her seems to be her heart as she struggles to figure out her feelings for Grey while being with Jamerson. I personally do not like love triangles and this one was one of the worst ones I have ever read. I also wish that more of Avery's social blunders were included in the story it just seemed like she went from being awkward about things to suddenly perfect in acting in society. The last thing I had an issue with was the way Eve was thrown into the story, it did not really fit nor did it seem important to the story. 


Overall I do not know how I feel about the series as a whole, I enjoyed most of the puzzles but others seemed out of place and forced. The love triangle felt forced and awkward in most parts. The writing did stay consistent throughout the whole series and the characters did not have any major personality changes which I liked. 


While I own the first three books I do not see myself buying the fourth book, it does not seem to be strictly from Avery's point of view so it is a 50/50 chance I will like it or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment