Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Five Survive

 

I have been trying to get back into some young adult and all the books I wanted to check out had a massive waiting list so I went back to mystery/thriller except young adult genre added in. 


The characters were not to my liking at all, they all seemed one dimensional even Red whose point of view the story was told from. None of them had my sympathy and none of them acted like real people except Oliver at times. Red seemed so detached from all that was going on it made me wonder if she was on the spectrum in some way. 


My other huge issue with the story was the ending, it felt rushed and incomplete. It was also odd to go from Red's point of view to other people's point of view and written letters. It seemed out of place and not a smooth transition at all. I did like the overall story though it had an interesting premise and I liked that part immensely. 




No comments:

Post a Comment