Saturday, January 13, 2024

The Nothing Man

 

The Nothing Man is the first book I have had taken from a booktok recommendation and I seriously was not impressed. 


Despite this being written as a book within a book I never had issues with understanding what was going on, every transition was clear and concise. The characters were not even bad, I did not like serial killer, I felt sympathy for his surviving victims, and I cheered for all the good detectives. Yet beyond that I felt no connection to the story, I did not care if anyone lived or died. All the characters were flat in their own odd ways and even the main character Jim did not seem anything but ordinary. The sub-stories seemed to be snuck in and did not fit well with the flow of the story. 


Slow writing, no tension, limited moments of excitement, and a predictable plot made The Nothing Man a story not worth remembering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment