Sunday, October 29, 2023

Someone We Know

 

I just seem to be on a thriller/mystery era at the moment. Since the last one let me down I went back to comfortable and familiar Shari Lapena. Someone We Know kept me guessing at every turn. 


A young woman is found dead in the truck of a car that was sank into a lake. Soon the police learn her name is Amanda and everyone from her husband to endless barrage of lovers is as suspect. As the two detectives on the case navigate the twists and turns of who killed Amanda they soon learn no one is as they seem and everyone has secrets. 


My biggest issues with Someone We Know is that it ended like the book would be a series but it is not. I do not want to give spoilers but I was hoping that something mentioned at least twice that I recall would have had more of a set in stone ending instead of leaving it up to the readers imagination on what it could have been. Despite that Mrs. Lapena's writing remains consistent, she has a style all her own. Like usual if I see any more work by Mrs. Lapena I would not hesitate to try reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment