Thursday, October 19, 2023

Hotel Magnifique

 

I had no intention of finishing Hotel Magnifique so quickly or read the majority of the story in one day however circumstances changed and it was it was the only thing I had to do while sitting in the ER for five hours. 


Jani is an interesting character, fiercely loyal to her sister she dreams of a better life for the both of them. One of the more endearing things for me about Jani is she never ever stopped asking questions or demanding answers even when she should not have. Since I am information driven I loved that aspect of Jani and could easily relate to her always opening her mouth to demand an answer. 


The writing was smooth and transitioned easily between aspects of the hotel. I loved the word building and the magical aspects of the hotel described. Despite enjoying that part I do feel like a huge hole was in the plot of the story and that more could have been done with the enchantments of the hotel. While a stand alone that did finish nicely I want more of the story. I want to see Jani with Bel more, maybe a novella with them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment