Saturday, September 24, 2022

The Surgeon's Daughter

 

The Surgeon's Daughter is the second book in the Nora Beady Duology. I was eagerly awaiting my turn to get the book after reading The Girl in his Shadow but since it was a big library read I had a long wait.


Nora is thrilled to have been accepted to the most prodigious medical school in Italy despite being a woman. Determined to prove her worth Nora works hard and does all she can to impress her all male classmates and professors. Feeling disheartened and like she will never be accepted as a surgeon Nora perks up with the only female doctor on staff returns from abroad. Venturing into the world of women's medicine, namely caesarean section, Nora works hard to prove herself to her peers. 


I really enjoyed how the story was also told from Daniel's point of view since I wanted to know what was going on in London while Nora studied in Italy. Most of Daniel's point of view was medical related and did not speak much for his feelings of Nora but I still understood he cared deeply for her.


The character development is fantastic, I actually had to take a break for a couple days due to the story being too intense. While this is not my usual type of novel I did enjoy the suspense of Nora trying to get a medical degree and being accepted by more then her adopted father Dr. Croft. Everything was tied up nicely and I did not finish the story with any questions or feeling like anything was lacking anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment