Friday, September 2, 2022

Someday Soon

 

Someday Soon is the first book in the Deliverance Company trilogy and if I had know that I would have read it before Sooner or Later.


Cain loves his job of saving people and is good at it. When no one else can extract the person Cain and his group of men get the job done one way or another. Life is going well when Cain meets Linette at Christmas party and cannot get her out of his mind. Unsure how to handle his feelings Cain stumbles around learning life is about more then work.


Linette has known sadness, her husband died far too young and she has slowly been working on moving on. Everything goes wrong though when she meets Cain and instantly feels attracted to him. Unable to accept Cain is a mercenary Linette decides to shut herself off to him and his dangerous line of work.


I really feel that Mrs. Macomber's early works have more life and depth to them then her current works. Some parts were not totally smooth but I still enjoyed the story a good deal. I read most of the book on a flight. I will have to find Sooner or Later to read. 



No comments:

Post a Comment