Sunday, September 11, 2022

Found

 

Found is the third and final book in the Mickey Bolitar trilogy. I had so many problems with the series overall but I will say I was extremely happy I had could check out the second and third book easily from the library. It is how I like to read series just start and finish it without having to wait weeks, months, or even years to get a book in a series.


Mickey is determined to find out the truth behind what happened to his mother, continue to help his friends, and find a way to be accepted onto the basketball team. Just like previous books I did not see much growth in Mickey nor did I really see anything go wrong for him. I get this is for young adults but people need to learn their are consequences to their actions. 


The writing was fine, the story moved at a nice pace, and I enjoyed not having much fluff in the story. What I did not enjoy is the way the story just stopped, nothing was resolved for anyone. All the kids were left emotionally traumatized, hanging in the air on what was going to happen to them, how the police and court system acted, and the biggest issue I have is the overall mystery of the series was left hanging. Sure you got a fast answer but no answer as to how things occurred. I did see that this was sort of a spin off of another book series Harlan Coben is writing but I will not be checking that series out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment