Friday, September 2, 2022

Moon Over Water

 

It was not until I got to the end that I realized I had read Moon Over Water before but that is alright since I enjoyed it just as much the second time. Nor did I catch that Moon Over Water was the third book in a series but it read fine as a stand alone.


Lorraine has her life figured out until her mother passes away in a car accident. Suddenly she learns her father is not dead but living in South American and she determined to go see him. Not understanding how rural of an area he lives in she phones the school he works at and then gets on a plane to go see him. It is not the reunion Lorraine expected when she is suddenly caught up with a smuggler and has to flee back to America on the boat of an ex mercenary. 


Jack wants nothing to do with Lorraine but he admires her father and gave his word he would get her safe to America. However Lorraine brings him nothing but trouble as his boat navigates the waters heading towards the boarder.


While I do occasionally read Mrs. Macomber's newer work it is really her older work that shines. I see why she became a best selling author but I do feel like she has lost some of the charm that her older stories had. I was able to read a large chunk while waiting at an airport but even without the time I could easily see myself getting lost in the story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment