Saturday, June 19, 2021

The Playboy and the Widow

 

The Playboy and the Widow is one of Debbie Macomber earlier books. I have read some of her newer works but this is the first of her early stuff I have read.


Like the other books I have read by Mrs. Macomber lots of humor exists in the story. The writing is simple and the pace of the story flows well. It is a bit predictable but that is one thing nice about the story. Sometimes I just want a fun simple read and Mrs. Macomber always delivers that. 


I liked the kids and the growth they showed as they came to terms with their mother dating once again. In some way the two girls were more mature about Diana dating then Diana was. The part with Cliff was a bit unbelievable, suddenly a playboy sees a single mother and forgets all about the beautiful girls throwing themselves at him does not seem real. Other then that is it just a fun light read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment