Wednesday, March 31, 2021

 

I saw The Princess Diaries in the local free library and figured I would give it a try since I liked the movie and was out of books to read. Normally I try to read a book before seeing the movie and I think this time I would have liked the book more if I had not seen the movie first. I really struggled with the diary entry format, I do not feel like it was a believable diary entry. 


Mia is totally shocked to learn that she is a princess and her father the current prince is unable to have more children so she must inherit the throne one day. Not exactly what is thought of as a princess Mia is forced to spend time with her Grandmere learning how to be a princess, has to keep her secret from the world including her best friend, and deal with her algebra teaching failing her. 


At times the diary entries just seemed off. Randomly writing out math problems did not seem to fit with what I would imagine a teenager writing in her diary. I also felt like things were left out with the story being in a diary format. Plus with how much time it takes to write a diary entry I thought it was fairly odd Mia was writing several diary entries in one day. Despite that I do have the second book sitting here and plan on giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment