Thursday, August 13, 2020

The Cheerleaders

 


The Cheerleaders has been on my to read list for awhile so when I saw it was available to check out I quickly nabbed it. 

Five girls dead in a short span of time and a rumor that the cheer-leading team is cursed. Not wanting to promote bad karma the school disbands the cheerleaders and moves to a dance team instead. 

Monica is the younger sister of the last girl who died from the group. Saddened by the loss of her sister and how much it has changed her mother Monica wants to leave the past in the past until she starts to find clues that maybe the killer of the girls is walking free. Determined to find the answers Monica befriends a quiet girl at school and together the two work at solving a five year old mystery. 

My only issue was all the character names, I kept getting them mixed up. I am not sure why but some of them sounded similar so I think that was part of it. The ending was not super satisfying, I did not really get closure with the characters and how their lives went on. An epilogue would have been nice. Overall I did enjoy the story and the writing style so I would be open to reading more of Kara Thomas's work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment