Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The One-in-a-Million Boy

The One in a Million Boy was in a box of books from a friend and I liked the cover. It sounded interesting and different from other stories I have read. The story moved super slow and jumped around a lot. I did get bored with parts and skim a few areas.

This is not an easy review to write since the story is different from what I have ever read before. I knew right away the boy was different (he is never named) and that he had some sort of un-diagnosed medical disorder but I could not help but like the kid. Ona was an awesome character full of life despite her age and I loved how she was having things her way. The boys father, Quinn, has no idea how to deal with the death of his son nor did he know how to deal with the child when he was alive. Belle, the boy's mother, is just broke and seems to not exist. Even though she was not a focus of the story she did come across as overly believable to me. I am not sure I would seek out another book by Monica Wood since the writing style is so unique and I did not overly care for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment