Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Dark Army

The Dark Army is the second book in The Starblade Chronicles.

Thomas Ward is the local spook since his master died and having taken on an apprentice he is determined to protect the country from the dark. All the changes when he dies though and then is risen from the dead by his former friend Alice and her ally the dark Mage. Even though the end of A New Darkness left me desperate to know what was happening I did not rush into reading The Dark Army when it came out. That is mostly due to Jenny, Tom's apprentice, Jenny drives me wacky. She is whinny, annoying, and seems to care little to do Spook's work. I had hoped she would grow up some as the story progressed but I have yet to see that. I do plan on reading The Spook's Assassin but I am in no hurry to get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment