Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Readaholics and the Gothic Gala

The Readaholics and the Gothic Gala is the third book in the Book Club Mystery series and I am not sure if it is the last. It did come out in 2016 and no word of any other in the series coming out since.

Amy-Faye with her party planning company is back for another mystery. Having arranged a charity auction and costume party with famous authors Amy is happy all is going well until an unknown man turns up dead in an office that was suppose to be off limits to the party goers. In the middle of another mystery Amy is determined to find out what happened, who the man is, why he was killed, and avoid the deadly killer who seems determined to get away no matter the cost.

I really could not connect to the murder. The last one was so personal for Amy when her brother was charged and this one just seemed to affirm to people that Amy attracts dead bodies. I am not sure what I will read next but I think I am burnt out on mysteries for a bit since I struggled to stay interested throughout the whole story.

No comments:

Post a Comment