Monday, March 2, 2020

The Rise of Magicks

The Rise of Magicks is the third book in the Chronicles of the One trilogy. Honestly I only read it to see how the trilogy ended and I ended up skimming the parts that were too long out and boring in my opinion.

I have never really seen a trilogy that worked the way The Chronicles of the One did. Year One starts out with Lana and how a virus is rapidly killing people. I thought that would be the focus but no instead people start developing powers and fighting back, some people suddenly become elves, other fairies, and some turn dark. Then Of Blood and Bone takes a different turn and introduces Lana's daughter Fallon as the savior of the whole world.

Fallon is a hard character to like she is perfect in all she does, everyone instantly loves her, and she never seems to make a big mistake that causes problem. I saw almost no growth in Fallon and kept hoping something horrible would happen to see how she would react. At the end everything just seemed too convenient. Maybe Nora Roberts just does not have a writing style I like but I will not actively seek out her book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment