Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Storyteller's Secret

The Storyteller's Secret was yet another book from a large box my friend passed on to me. The lovely cover and texture of the cover drew my eye.

Jaya wants a child more then anything else but after three miscarriages she has given up hope. Determined to not let her life be destroyed Jaya decides to go visit her home country of India after learning her grandfather is gravely ill. Arriving too late Jaya is saddened to learn she will never know what her grandfather wanted to tell her until an elderly man appears and declares he will tell her the story of her grandmother.

While The Storyteller's Secret was average I do feel that the transitions between the past and the current was flawless. I cannot count how many times I get confused transitioning between times periods so it was refreshing this was not a problem. My biggest concern was Jaya, she was not a likable character. While a small cast of characters I did get a feel for rural village life in India along with the caste system for the time period. All in all the story was average with average characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment