Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Breathe

When I saw Breathe had no waiting list at the library I quickly checked it out for the car ride home. I have no clue how I found out about Breathe but it felt a bit different then other post dystopia stories I have read.

Earth has been devastated and no air is left except the air inside the pods produced artificially by Breathe. Citizens are divided into classes and there is little chance of changing your class. Only the wealthy premiums can afford extra oxygen and all the rights that come with it. Three different people with three different missions and yet they all become entangled. Determined to change the way things work Quinn, Bea, and Alina are forced to work together to prove that not everything is as it seems.

I really enjoyed the pacing of Breathe, nothing felt like filler. Chapter consistency was a bit off, some chapters were super short two to three pages and others were eighteen to twenty pages which threw off my read a bit. At first I thought Breathe was a stand alone but once I reached the end I am thankful to see that Resist will finish up the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment