Friday, January 10, 2020

The Other Woman

My library card had quit working so I went into the library to see why after the librarian looked at it she did something then asked me to try to check out a book and The Other Woman was my choice. I hate to say it what drew me to the story was the fact that Emily did not have a good relationship with her mother-in-law and sadly I can relate.

Emily is pleasantly surprised when she meets Adam and realizes he is perfect for her. Totally devoted to each other things quickly grow dark when Adam takes Emily to meet his mother. It is clear to Emily that Adam worships his mother and the ground she walks on. This would not be a problem except Pamela has major problems with Emily. Every remark out of Pamela's mouth is directed at belittling Emily in some way. Determined not to be chased off Emily gets drawn into vicious game with Pamela determined to come out the winner.

The writing was smooth and transitioned easily. Only once did I get confused on a time jump but I quickly realized what was going on. The Other Woman was a fast read that had me turning pages quickly to find out what was going on. My biggest complaint was the ending seemed a bit vague like the plot was set up perfectly and wham it ends on a weak note. I am not sure I will seek out another Sandie Jones story but if one falls in my lap I would not say no to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment