Friday, December 20, 2019

The Candy Shop Wars

The Candy Shop War has been on my radar since I finished Fablehaven. Seeing the library had it available I quickly checked it out. My husband had a root canal that took over five hours today so I had plenty of time to read.

Nate is dreading the new town his family moved to. Missing his friends and things that are familiar Nate reluctantly goes outside to meet some local children at the urging of his parents. After a little hesitation Nate quickly becomes friends with Summer, Trevor, and Pigeon. The four kids start school together and are excited to see a new candy shop open up. Upon entering the shop they quickly become friends with the owner Mrs. White who wastes no time getting them hooked on her candy.

The writing was smooth and easy to understand. Despite the book being geared towards middle school age I felt like the story was engaging and even threw in a word at times that most middle school students would have to look up. The only that confuses me this is part of a series yet the story tied up nicely in the end so I fail to see how it will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment