Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Cooking Spirits

If Cooking Spirits had not opened with a murder it is not a book I would have finished. I did not understand the characters, the overall plot of the characters relationships, and the humor was mild at best.

Angie is getting married in a few months and neither of them have housing that works for two. Determined to find the perfect place to live Angie goes house hunting with her realtor sister. After hours of looking Angie sees a listing for the perfect house and quickly convinces her sister to take her there. Oddly enough the house is perfect and the little things like the candy jar moving can be ignored. Soon Angie finds herself enthralled with the house's history while her fiance works to solve a double homicide.

After I finished Cooking Spirits I found out it is a spin off series with the main series having fourteen books which is most likely why I struggled to understand things in Cooking Spirits. Since the writing came off as average with no real character I feel in love with I wont be pursuing the next book or the books in the previous series.

No comments:

Post a Comment