Saturday, November 9, 2019

The Hideaway

The Hideaway was in a large box of books a friend passed one to me. I loved the inviting cover and the idea that an overworked woman would rediscover her childhood roots.

With the death of her grandmother Sara inherits an old house that use to be a grand bed and breakfast. Torn from her life in New Orleans where she runs a posh furniture shop Sara returns home to fulfill her grandmother's dying wish restore the old house. Reluctantly Sara starts to work on the house and as the layers of paint are peeled back she beings to fall in love with the house and becomes unsure what to do about her life's direction.

The Hideaway was a believable, every day life story. Sara was a normal person struggling to figure out her life and thinking she had it all until a wrench was thrown into things. The writing was average and the story did drag at points. Not the normal type of book I would have chosen to read but it was nice for a light moment or two to read a few pages.


Personal Note
Last year something went wrong with my right hand and affected the ability to move my fingers. After several months doctors provided the rare diagnosis of a nerve disease that I have been actively doing physical therapy to reverse. It is slow going and due to that my left hand has been making up for my right hand which caused my left hand to become sprained and thus with limited use of both hands I had to slow down on my reading since holding a book open was not working well. Thankfully my left hand is now fully recovered so I should be able to go back to reading a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment