Monday, November 18, 2019

Scourged

Scourged is the ninth and final book in the Iron Druid series. I am glad I waited to start the Iron Druid after the whole series was released, I prefer to read long series all at once so I do not forget anything. Sadly I did not care for Scourged or for the overall ending of the series.

Atticus knows Loki is coming and most likely coming for him. Out of time and places to run Attiucs starts helping prepare for the battle to determine the fate of the world. Wanting to keep the world safe, his apprentice, archdruid, and all the young druid apprentices Atticus works on calling in favors and balancing things out as well as he can.

I never liked Granuaile, she drove me crazy with her desire for vengeance and ability to not make diplomatic mistakes unlike Atticus who made them every time he opened his mouth. 

I did like Owen and wished it would have touched on Atticus training to be a druid in his memories more since it sounded like lots of stories happened. 

Kevin Hearne did mention writing about the young apprentices possibly but I do not think I will pursue that since I did not care for the overall ending of the series. I am a bit burnt out on fantasy due to the Iron Druid so I intend to find a light hearted read just to relax with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment