Friday, November 22, 2019

Sit! Stay! Speak!

Due to the cover and the story having a dog as a main part of the story I have been putting off sit! stay! speak! since it reminds me too much of my dog I had to put down earlier this year. Thankfully it did not get to me since Felix did not play as big a role as I thought he would.

Addie has inherited her Aunt's house and it eager for a change of pace since her life has been a bit depressing lately. Going for a walk along the river she finds a bag with a badly injured dog inside. Frantic to save the dogs life she rushes him to the vet and decides to adopt the dog when the vet informs her that the human society will tell him to put the dog down.

I am fairly sure this is a debut novel since the writing lacked a polished finish. Transitions were bad and nonexistent. It took a lot of focus to read the story since it jumped around with no notice at all. Also I did not realize the genre of the book until the last couple of chapters which is not the best way to write a story. Addie was totally clueless and everyone wanted to protect her which drove me crazy, she needed to learn to protect herself in some ways. While the part about Addie's bond with Felix was cute I will not seek out this type of story again.

No comments:

Post a Comment