Sunday, July 28, 2019

The Orphan's Tale

I have been wanting to read The Orphan's Tale ever since I first saw the book sitting on the shelf of my local bookstore. Turns out the story was as painstakingly beautiful as I imagined.

Noa was a written so vividly that I felt like I was standing with her in the cold as she snatched a baby from the frozen boxcar. The pain in Astrid as her husband presented the divorce papers to her painted a picture of a defeated couple in love so delicately that I feared reading Astrid would break into a thousand pieces.

While both Noa and Astrid were different in everything from their ages to their heritage yet the girls felt like close sisters and both learned how to become wise beyond their years. I loved the writing and it was refreshing to read an author who can switch between two points of view perfectly. Never once did I struggle with what was going on or trying to figure out why things suddenly changed.

The writing fit the story perfectly and while it had touches of historical moments everything flowed together well into a glorious tale of hardship, heartbreak, love, and loss. I would happily read another story by Pam Jenoff in an instant.

No comments:

Post a Comment