Sunday, July 7, 2019

Starflight

Starflight was a lucky find. I was tired one night but unable to sleep so I picked up my nook. After browsing several pages of the library I was finding nothing so I went into my wish list and happened to see Starflight. I do not even recall putting it on my wish list.


Solara is an interesting character, while she carries the marks of a felon on her knuckles I in no way saw her as a felon. Though I was dying to find out her charges until it was finally revealed. Given up by her parents to an orphanage ran by nuns Solara has not known an easy or a kind life. Instead of letting it tear her down she decides to learn all she can about being a mechanic and thus improving her life through her skills and knowledge. While this is a beautiful picture in her head Solara has to face reality as she comes face to face with her tormentor from school.

Doran has the perfect life, money, fame, athletic, and a hot girlfriend. In a moment of judgement her decides to take Solara, a former classmate, on as his servant. Determined to get his money's worth out of her work Doran is ruthless in the chores he demands of Solara. Snooby, stuck up, and uncaring are the way Doran appears to anyone whom he deems beneath him and Solara is happy to throw anything she can in his face. Everything changes in an instant for Doran, with his DNA at a crime scene he is suddenly the most wanted person in the galaxy. With no where to go he stays with Solara on board a pirate vessel.

Solara and Doran were both interesting characters who clearly had growth while still showing parts of their character that needed to be worked on. Melissa Landers is a wonderful writer, the whole story was action packed with many different plots going on at once but nothing felt crammed in or rushed in any way. I could not wait to read the next chapter every time. I am already on the waiting list for Starfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment