Monday, May 20, 2019

The Good Neighbor

The Good Neighbor the Life and Work of Fred Rogers has been on my radar since I saw it in the bookstore. While I never recall watching Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as a child I was interested in the aspect of Rogers pioneering a new type of television geared towards young children.

I started out enjoying the story it felt like it would go from start to finish of Fred's life highlighting the key points and skimming over the smaller parts. Sadly it did not keep that pace. I soon grew bored with the story and just wanted it to end.

The reading was tedious, repetitive, and whole chapters were not about Fred. The words did not flow off the page and I do not feel like I really learned much about how Fred pioneered children's television which is a huge disappointment. It will be a long time before I am ready to try another biography since this one totally burned me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment