Friday, October 26, 2018

The Hundred Secret Senses

I picked up The Hundred Secret Senses for half off when the local bookstore was closing. I have heard nothing but good things about Amy Tan's writing and had been wanting to try out one of her books for ages. However I did not care for the story or the characters.


Olivia was so annoying and since she was the narrator I had to deal with her throughout the whole book. I wanted to like the story and I had high hopes for everyone but it was just full of fluff and the plot did not move along quickly. Nothing felt resolved to me at all and I had hoped the characters would find closure not just have things opened ended the whole time.

Not everyone can like every author and I think Amy Tan's writing style is just not to my liking. I wish the characters would have grown in some way but I was unable to see that at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment