Friday, August 31, 2018

Vicious

Vicious is the last book in the Pretty Little Liars series. I must say the ending felt a bit anti-climatic after all the drama, heart ache, problems, schemes, and flat out evilness Ali pulled on the girls.

Hanna has never gotten what she wanted, acceptance from her father, a thin body, friends who care and understand her so when she finally has it all it hurts all the more when she loses it. Ali set her up brilliant to get everything she wanted then lose it.

Spencer was living her dream life being the best in her class at everything as she competed within her family to surpass her sister Melissa. Finally being accepted into Princeton and having a crush on a super smart guy Spencer is thrilled to be on the same level as her sister. At least until Ali gets into her life, determined to pull the rug right out from under Spencer Ali takes the competition to a new level and forces Spencer to try to keep up.

Aria cannot believe that she is a famous artist whom everyone wishes to display in their residence. Overwhelmed Aria just wants a quiet life with Noel but Ali won't leave the two love birds alone. Determined to ruin the most precious things in Aria's life Ali works at demeaning everything in Aria's life.

Emily struggled to come out to her family and being accepted by them was a dream come true until Ali decided to make it a nightmare. Having fallen head over heels for another young lady Emily is devastated when the girl is murdered. Unhinged by the loss of her love Emily plays a dangerous game with Ali in an attempt to protect everyone she loves.

In a way I cannot believe the series is complete, some things still feel a bit unfinished. Plus the ending with what happened to all the girls feels a bit of a let down. I wanted an explosive ending and I do not feel like I got that. One of the things I like about Sara's writing is I feel like I know the girls personally, despite having five main girls they were all different and all had clear personalities with flaws and strong development. I am glad I read The Lying Game before Pretty Little Liars otherwise I would have been disappointed by the twin similarities in both series. At this time I want to switch up genres but I do plan on reading more of Sara Shepard's work in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment