Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Lost Boy: The True Story of Captain Hook

Lost Boy is not my usual type of book, I do not like blood or horror in stories however my friend begged me to read it so I gave it a try. I wish it had been a little less gory.

Jamie knows he is Peter's favorite playmate and thrives on that fact. He loves and worships Peter, at least until Peter starts bringing children who are not a good match to the island. Stepping up to be their older brother Jamie struggles to keep everyone safe while making sure they get to have fun.

Peter just wants to play non stop and have as much fun as possible. Uncaring about the consequences of anything Peter has no problem putting any of the boy's lives in danger. Even when Jamie confronts him about keeping everyone safe Peter just laughs it off.

It was interesting to see Peter Pan told from another point of view. Jamie certainly did not come off as a villain or some crazy person who just wanted to kill Peter for no reason like many other versions I have read. The plot was solid and strong while remaining entertaining the entire time. I do not recommend Lost Boy if you have a blood or gore phobia. My one wish was having more detail about the island and the creatures on it. All in all I am glad I read Lost Boy even though it was outside my comfort level.

No comments:

Post a Comment