Friday, March 23, 2018

Take the Monkeys and Run

Somehow Take the Monkeys and Run ended up on my Nook so I gave it a try.

Barbara is a typical mom overwhelmed by keeping up with her children and keeping a tidy house she is in shock when her husband suddenly declares he must move out and needs space. Devastated by the unexpected behavior Barbara does not have much time to dwell in self pity when midnight prowlers show up at the abandoned house next door. Things get more confusing the next day when monkeys appear in the trees behind her house, from that moment on everything goes out of control for Barbara.

I almost did not try Take the Monkeys and Run since my Nook was saying it was 900 pages and that seemed way too long for the type of story but thankfully I overlooked that (it was a glitch anyways). I really liked Barb, she is relate-able in a lot of ways and seems like a normal down to earth person. I do hope to read more Barbara Marr mysteries I just need to work on finishing up some other books I have been reading first.

No comments:

Post a Comment