Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon did not turn out how I expected. I have been wanting an exciting story with a merperson theme to it but Of Poseidon was disappointing.The lovely cover and intriguing name pulled me as I was browsing books in the Nook store so I downloaded a sample and the first chapter was exciting and captivating. Quickly I ordered Of Poseidon from the library and eagerly awaited for it to arrive but soon after I got it I just could not immerse myself in the story, after a few pages I would get bored.

Emma dose not seem well thought out to me and comes off as flat and I had a hard time imagining her as a real person in any way. I really wanted to like her since she seemed to have interesting moments but as I look back she just feels so underdeveloped and believes everything way too quickly.

Galen had the potential to be another great character but he comes off as a little too perfect. I understand he is an ambassador for the Syrena but he just seems too alright with how things are in the human world. I wanted to see far more confusing moments when Galen had no clue what was going on and making mistakes because he is meant to be under the water. 

The writing was not bad but it did not hold my attention. Yet despite this I do want to know what happens overall however I do not feel like I can force myself to read Of Triton at this point, maybe in a few weeks. I am tempted to just look at the spoilers for the story and skip reading it altogether since I was not overly impressed with Of Poseidon.

No comments:

Post a Comment