Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Camelot Papers


I received The Camelot Papers in a book bundle and it took me ages to get to it. I was immediately drawn in by the original one of a kind cover but sadly the cover was misleading and nothing that was listed as a scandal was even in the story.

Viviana is a young slave girl who is sold to the castle in Camelot. Resentful of her father for selling her into slavery Viviana has learned how to survive despite the horrible conditions she has had to endure. Hoping for a slightly better life in the castle Viviana attempts to keep her head down and work hard. Through good luck and being in the right place at the right time Viviana becomes hand maiden to the Queen.

While a retelling of the Arthur Legend I did not care for the Camelot Papers, it drug and lacked the humor I hoped it would have. The writing was well done but beyond that I just did not care for the dry story line full of useless details. For me the best part was finally finishing it so I can move on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment