Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Dark Frost

Dark Frost is the third book in the Mythos Academy series. I had high hopes for Dark Frost since Gwen's rival is finally stepping out of the shadows.

Having bested a reaper and seeing him safely imprisoned Gwen hopes her life will become a bit more normal. Still chosen as Nike's Champion Gwen knows she will remain a target so she agrees to spend extra time working on her fighting skills which are severely lacking. Her relationship with Logan is also rocky, due to her magic they both have misgivings about being together.

I am disappointed in the writing, once again certain words were all over and reused so many times I wanted to scream when I saw them. By this point in the series the reader should know that Carson is a band geek and Gwen's magic classifies her as a gypsy, no need to shove it at the reader every other paragraph. I do plan on reading Crimson Frost and I hope that the writing improves because I like the overall story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment