Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Stung




Stung started out a bit odd. I was not sure what was going on which was the authors intention I think. It could have been due to bad writing though that is hard for me to believe since the writing picked up a lot the more I read.

Fo wakes up in her house having no memory of what has happened to her. Instead of the pristine room she recalls the house is a mess and clearly been abandoned for awhile. While searching the house for her family she is attacked by a beast and escapes the house into a world she does not recognize.

Slowly the story is revealed of what happened to the world and what the beasts are.

I did have some issues with the story. Some things are not explained like the importance of honey. Currency is in honey but they never said what the honey is used for and why people want it so badly. The relationships between characters were also rocky at times and a bit unbelievable yet they slowly grew on me.

I am not sure if this is a trilogy or not but I plan on getting the second book.

No comments:

Post a Comment