Wednesday, April 20, 2016

One Breath Away

One Breath Away is unlike any other true crime story I have read.

Jennifer Mee, a young girl know for having incurable hiccups accused of setting up a robbery where the target was murdered. The story is broken into several parts, Jennifer before she had hiccups, during her having hiccups, after her hiccups, and finally the trial. The last part was the most interesting for my be far. The first three parts were a bit long with too much fluff.

Normally when reading a true crime story there are parts that just make me cringe in the person's childhood. I did not encounter that with Jennifer's story. Jennifer was not the typical type of person a true crime story would be written about. It was nice to read such a different type of true crime story.

The writing had too much filler for me despite that the story read smoothly and easily. Since I have to be in the right mood for true crime I am not going to go out of my way to find another book by M. William Phelps.

No comments:

Post a Comment