Monday, July 18, 2022

The Wife Upstairs

 

I have been wanting to read The Wife Upstairs for awhile and when I saw it was available through the e-library I quickly checked it out. At the time I did not catch on that it was a retelling of Jane Eyre


Jane is mysterious and keeps to herself. Despite walking dogs in a rich neighborhood for a living Jane does not want to be considered the help she wants a glamorous lifestyle. When the rich and widowed Eddie almost runs her down with his car that is the in she needs to become part of the upper class. Determined to make things work Jane is happy with her new life but little does she know it is built on a web of lies.


Fairly quickly I figured out the mystery which was disappointing. Even though I have not read or seen Jane Eyre I knew the basic plot and I was hoping for some great twists in the retelling. Everything was just too predictable for me sadly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment