Friday, July 29, 2022

The Girl in His Shadow

 

Normally I do not read the Big Library monthly reads but I liked the cover of this one so I read the description and was intrigued. I did not realized The Girl in His Shadow was a series and of course the second book is checked out with a long wait list. 


Nora knows she is lucky, having survived the deadly pandemic that killed her family Nora is now the ward of renowned surgeon Dr. Croft. Unfortunately for Nora she is doomed to fail at what she loves helping people by practicing medicine. The law forbids women from being more then a nurse or a midwife. Nora dreams of doing surgery and will risk it all to make her dream a reality. 


The character building was nice, I really enjoyed how you go to know each character and the differences in them. Despite everything being told from Nora's point of view I never felt like I did not know the other characters. A few times what felt like old English slang was used and I had to look up the word which was fine. I am on the waiting list for the second book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment