Friday, February 18, 2022

 

The title is what drew me to The Midnight Library in the local bookstore. I did ultimately choose another book but got on the extremely long wait list (I was number 1693) to borrow it. 


Honestly I am not sure what I expected from The Midnight Library but I did not get it. If I had not patiently waited so long I doubt I would have finished the story. It said fantasy as a genre but  I did not really see it as a fantasy more as a dream from someone who had overdosed on drugs. The concept was interesting but the writing just did not hold my attention. Maybe it was the main character, Nora, she bothered me a lot. Oddly enough I am not sure why since she had wonderful development and learned from all his regrets. 


The writing was smooth and everything flowed well. Just something about the story made it out of my usual style. I do not believe I will pursue more of Mr. Haig's work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment