Sunday, October 3, 2021

Brownies and Betrayal

 

Another old Free Friday book I had on my Nook. Brownies and Betrayal is the first book in the Sweet Bites Mystery series. 


After breaking off a toxic engagement Tess moves back to her hometown to start her own business. Thrilled to be doing the wedding cake at the new hotel Tess is going about her work when she finds a dead body under the table. With no real clues the police start to suspect Tess as the murdered since she had a brief argument with the victim the night before. 


Another huge betrayal of a book, everything worked out too well for Tess. While she did show real emotions I got bored with how perfectly other characters existed to help her along. I also did not like the love triangle aspect at all. I will not be continuing with the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment