Sunday, September 12, 2021

Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse

 

I am pretty sure Cappuccinos, Cupcakes, and a Corpse was a Free Friday book at one point. I could not sleep one night and just randomly choose this from the many books I have downloaded and not read yet. 


Follow the death of her mother Francesca decides she needs to move back to the town she grew up in. Taking over the family coffee shop and settling herself in the house her mother left her Fran is happily getting into the swing of life in a slower paced city. One day she leaves work a bit early and takes a shortcut home. To her horror she finds the neighbor dead in the back yard. Quickly informed by the victims son who is a high school friend that his father was murdered Fran decides she needs to help solve the case. 


This is a really light read, not too long of a book and not a deep plot line. Despite that I enjoyed the story and would not mind reading more about Fran and her adventures. I had a couple of problems with the mystery not being fully wrapped up but it was enough closure I wont throw a fit over it. I did see the next book in the series is 4.99 and since it is not a book I would read many times I will see if the library has it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment